Saturday, January 9, 2010

Seeds of Life

Scripture
Luke 8:5-15

Observation
God's word is like a seed sewn in the life of people with various types of results.

wayside- They hear the word but the devil takes it away out of their hearts. Their heart was never fully on the Lord.

rock- They hear and recieve with joy but with no depth they believe and in temptation fail because there is no root.

thorn- They are choked with the cares and riches of the world and the pleasures of life. The riches and pleasures are a thorn in their flesh and the seed cannot grow.

good- They are honest and good, hear the word and keep it and bring forth fruit.

Application
Do I allow the devil to steal my faith? Do I have any depth to my faith where I can endure? Do I allow the riches of this world to choke out God's faith in me?

Prayer
Lord help me to prepare my life for you. I want your seed to grow in me and be fruitful in my heart and in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Just read your soap. Really enjoy your comments - Isn't God good. Menopause does end and we are not only normal but rational and pleasant and better than our husbands would expect. I am 61 with 8 - make that almost 9 grandchildren and I love the Lord, my husband, my family and lifting weights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment Barb. It is nice to hear from someone who understands.

    ReplyDelete