Saturday, January 16, 2010

Multitudes of Mercy

Scripture Psalm 5:7
But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

Observation
When I first became a Christian I focused more upon judgement then anything else. Maybe it was my age or maybe my mindset, I'm not really sure. Do I believe in judgement? Of course. I believe fear and judgement go hand in hand and that you can't have one without the other. How can the Lord show mercy if He isn't showing you mercy agains some rightful punishment?

But as I have walked the road of Christianity I have found myself focusing on grace and mercy much more. It is God's grace that leads us to repentance. What a wonderful and merciful God we serve! I have served the Lord in fear and I have served the Lord in mercy and there is a difference. The difference I believe is LOVE. I serve the Lord because I want to serve Him out of genuine love for Him.

The Old Testament was full of laws that were impossible to keep. It was judgement and showed us our sin. But in the God coming to earth we find the Law pointed to grace and Christ embodied the answer to the law. Grace is Christ coming to earth, dying for us and showing mercy. Thank the Lord!

Thank You Lord for you boundless grace. For all you have done and the mercy that you have shown me let me love you and serve you Lord. You are such a merciful and gracious God.

No comments:

Post a Comment