Thursday, January 21, 2010

Giving Till it Hurts

Scripture
Luke 21
3And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:

4For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

Observation
This widow did not give of her wealth (she didn't have any!) but of fervent desire and true sacrifice. What a role model!

Application
Do I give out of my abundance only? Do I sacrificially give like this widow did?
My husband and I had donated to the Haiti earthquake relief a few days ago and after reading this bible account I am going to double my offering. What a tragedy those people are having to endure.

Lord help me to follow the example of the poor widow who gave till it hurt. I want to exercise faith and believe that you can meet my needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment