Monday, January 11, 2010

Looking Back with my hand to the plough

Scripture
Luke 9:62
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Observation
Christianity is compared to plowing a field which is very labor intensive! It isn't a cake walk! It takes work both spiritually and physically. Once you have put your hand to the plow- and taken part of this work do you look back and long for the things of your past?

Application
Do I long for the things of my past life? Have I allowed desires for earthy things choke the good seed in my heart?

Lord, There are so many thoughts in my head today dealing with this scripture. I think of things that I have 'allowed' in my heart and mind that many in my church would think are compromise but I do not believe they are wrong. It is a great struggle for me. I don't want to please others. I simply want to please you. The struggle is so great especially being a people pleaser. Help me to discern between being a people pleaser and being a God pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment