Sunday, January 17, 2010

God's hand in the life of Joseph


Rather then choosing one specific verse today I would like to spend time on the story of Joseph.



God had promised through Abraham that he would make a great nation that would be like the stars in the sky and the sands of the sea. Even when there were impossibilities and it seemed IMPOSSIBLE God had his hand in the plan. (Abraham sacrificing Isaac and Sarah bearing a child in her very old age are a few so far in Genesis) To think that God would come through in these difficult times is simply mind boggling! And then there is Joseph which has always been one of my favorite bible stories. Joseph told his brothers and parents that one day they would bow down to him in obeisance. While his brothers scoffed, Jacob kept quiet and wondered about Joseph's words. Through plans of murder, being sold as a slave to the Midianites and being sold into Egypt, God's plan of preserving His chosen people rings true no matter the circumstances. What seemed impossible God made possible!

Lord, there are so many things that I would like to take into my own hands and control instead of allowing you to work and will in my life. Help me to trust you with a childlike faith so your perfect will can be done in my life. I want to learn from the life of Joseph that you are really in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment