Saturday, December 26, 2009

When God Hurts

Scripture
Genesis 6: 6-8
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Application
I looked up GRIEVED in the Blue Letter Bible which gives the biblical usage of the word-

grieved- 1) to hurt, pain, grieve, displease, vex, wrest

Lately I might seem to be pulling all of the verses that are less then positive. (I was doubting myself as to not only picking the scripture about Noah finding grace in the eyes of the Lord) but I feel that all of the verses are beneficial together and speak to me at this point and time of my life. God looking at the wickedness of mankind and how it was evil continually makes me wonder how evil the people had been and how they would 'stack up' to today's generation. Does wickedness to follow after my own fleshly desires outweigh my desire to follow God? I don't want to grieve the Lord. Every day I choose to follow Him. As God had shown favor upon Noah God also has shown favor to me even in the midst of my shortcomings. Incredible.

Prayer
God~ let me find grace in your eyes. Let me be the light shining in the midst of this wicked generation. Let my desire for you surpass any other desire. I want to be consumed by you. I don't want to treat your grace carelessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment