Wednesday, December 30, 2009

People Pleasing

Scripture Genesis 8:9-10
And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.


Observation
Many people are people pleasers and will bend and conform only for the sake of how they will look in the eyes of others. The scripture says that Nimrod was a mighty warrior before the Lord. It doesn't simply say that he was a mighty warrior. This was God's impression! The only approval we need to seek is God's! All others thoughts and opinions are not important.

Application
Am I more concerned with what people are saying then what God thinks of me? Do I seek the praise and approval of man? Is that spiritually healthy?

Prayer
God I don't want to be ashamed of you and seek the approval of people over you. Let my desire to please you be fervent and the desire to please others fall by the wayside.

No comments:

Post a Comment