Saturday, December 26, 2009

Safety in the Ark

I am quite (can't find a descriptive word) lately. I can't see the forest from the trees and it is revealing itself in every facet of my life. Yesterday I helped a friend clean out (part of) their home. I won't go into details- there are many that could explain- but it was the most repulsive living conditions I have ever seen. There were rat droppings everywhere and rat urine everywhere. I really tried to keep a Christlike Spirit while helping because this person really needed help. I really believe the Lord would have me to physically help instead of simply throwing money at the issue or turning a blind eye. After coming home I showered and took a badly needed nap since I was possibly the most physically tired I have ever been in my life. To add insult to injury I was really attacked by Satan in various ways- he was saying that I was going to be in that same situation if I didn't submit to the Lord in all things. Also that I would become a reprobate because I don't follow the Lord wholeheartedly. It has been quite the rollercoaster ride.

So I have accomplished my bible reading for the day but not in a way that is very beneficial. I read chapter 7 and there is not much that is standing out for me at present time so I am choosing verse 1.

Scripture
Genesis chapter 7:11
And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

Observation
Noah is a type of Christ. Noah and the ark is compared to the safety and saving of lives and salvation.

Application

Prayer
Lord- this isn't my righteousness- but YOURS. Your grace has paved the way and I am resting in your mercy no matter what Satan says. I claim your peace in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment