Wednesday, December 23, 2009

RESPECT



Scripture
Genesis 4:5
But unto Cain and to his offering he (God) had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Observation
This chapter is full of disrespect. Disrespect for God. The requirement of sacrifice was for Cain to bring an offering that was well pleasing to the Lord and he knew exactly what was required of him. But did he listen? No. He dissed God and offered something the Lord was not pleased with. When God requires of me, do I become angry and make excuses like Cain did?

Application
Do I diss God? Do I offer up useless things to Him knowing full well that the only thing He wants is ME? Do I ask for forgiveness knowing that I will sin against Him in the future? Do I sin 'on credit' knowing I am covered by His grace? Do I make excuses for my behavior? These are things that I am asking myself today.

Romans 6:1
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Prayer
God help me to have my priorities straight. If you ask for me to give up a certain thing I don't want to offer up some measly counter sacrifice for it's replacement. Your grace is so limitless but I do not want to take advantage of it. Help me to be tender to your Holy Spirit prodding me to change and grow in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment