Monday, December 21, 2009

The Breath of Life



Scripture Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Observation
What strikes me most about this scripture is man's dependance on the Lord. Without Him we have no breath. No life. Nothing. Nada. Without Him we are just a lump of clay. Dirt. The picture above is pretty humiliating but I love what it says. We are like that dirt without Him. Lifeless and formless. How eye opening. When God breaths his breath of life into our nostrils we became a living soul. Praise the Lord!

Application
Every Day. Every Hour. Every second and every breath you allow me to breath the breath of life. Each and every breath you allow my lungs to expand and deflate! My life is a gift from you and I want to be thankful for every inhalation and exhalation.

Prayer
God, help me to not be dependant on my own works and accomplishments. Your breath of life in my nostrils is so valuable. Help me to live every moment to the fullest and give glory to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment